Cleaning and Care Guide for your Wood Flooring
Wooden floorings indeed look good and can add more admirers to your house. But, it may need more than just ordinary caring. When it comes to protecting and caring laminate flooring, people often lack in keeping all those essential points in mind required to keep the flooring as good as new. It sounds difficult to keep the flooring new and shining, following few do’s and don’ts can help you maintain the perfect wooden flooring.
● The hard action of vinyl or other cleaning products may harm the delicate wooden flooring. Also, the polishing wax which you are thinking to use to brighten up the floor can be conflicting with the results.
● Wooden floors get scratches very easily, and this makes them look old and ugly. To prevent the scratches, grains, and sand should be kept away. Pet’s nails and fancy furniture can also cause the same. Thus, the preventive measures should be taken accordingly.
● Wet mopping of the floor can harm the wood and make it dull and tedious. Vacuum cleaning and dusting can prove sufficient to prevent this.
● Wooden flooring is delicate. The direct contact with the sun can make it dry and dull. Using curtains and blinds can be an excellent preventive method for the sunlight falling on the wood floor.
● Avoiding the spills of water or other liquid on the wooden flooring is beneficial to prevent it from looking shallow and old.
● Wood flooring is different from the tiles, and thus, it should be taken care of differently. The way tiles are cleaned by directly using cleaners on it may not work for the wooden flooring and can damage the look of the floor.
● The remains of wax or chewing gums on the floor should be scraped carefully so that it does not dent or scratch the flooring.
● The wooden planks of the flooring face wearing due to the aging of the floor or because of other reasons. The damaged plank needs to be replaced or repaired in short intervals so that it does not affect the whole flooring.
● The screeching of the floor due to walking in spiked sports shoes or pointed heels should be prevented. It should be taken care that pointed things do not scratch up the floor.
● Cold winter days are trying for the wood flooring in the house. The wetness and humidity in the air cause damage to the wood. So, it is advisable to use a humidifier during the winter season.
● The wood flooring which you see in the house is the polyurethane. The garnishing of wood is done with it, so that the damage is done to the layer and not to the actual wood. But, it is also mandatory to take care of the polyurethane coating.
The wooden flooring adds to the elegance and attractiveness of the house. But if the flooring is not maintained correctly. Then it can also make the house look gray and seasoned. Thus, taking up a few simple preventive methods. Such as preventing from scratches or laminate flooring can help you keep the wood flooring always new.